Saturday, January 19, 2008

Scavenger Hunt!

I love an excuse to shoot! So when I saw a contest posted on bludomain this past Wednesday for a photo scavenger hunt of sorts, I couldn't pass it up! The assignment was to take photos of all the items listed below and put them into a collage. The first one to send their collage would be declared the winner.


1. traffic light

2. a fast food restaurant

3. grocery store

4. park

5. gas station

6. tree stump

7. some kind of body of water. River, lake...puddle??

8. mailbox

9. department store

10. home improvement store

11. school bus

12. large outside garbage can

13. bike

14. rocks/gravel

15. fence

16. street sign

17. train tracks

18. school crossing sign

19. Dr.'s office, medical center, or hospital

20. thrift store, antique store, 2nd hand store, etc.


So at 4:00 pm I loaded the kids (and the camera) in the car and headed off! I crossed the last item off the list (the shot of the urgent care here in Grove City) at about 6:00 and rushed home to put the collage together. Then when it was finished, I got ready to e-mail my entry. Imagine my shock and surprise when a winner had already been declared...just mere hours after the contest was announced. So, I let out my best Homer Simpson "Doh" and moved on.


Not about to let all that hard work go to waste, I share with you now what would have been my contest entry as well as a link to the actual winner. If you live here in Grove City, chances are you'll recognize lots of these spots!



1 comment:

  1. No worries, Heather.....it's not like BluDomain actually delivers the prizes they promise ;)
    Great job on the collage though!

    ReplyDelete