Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Meet Heath and Jamie



I thought it was time I do a post on my two cover models, Heath and Jamie. They are the ones whose likenesses are featured on my website, my business cards and even in one of my sample albums so I figured they deserved a post of their own. Besides, if you’re in Ohio like I am right now, it’s time escape from the cold, grey days and see some photos of the beach!

Heath and Jamie were married at the Jupiter Beach Resort in Jupiter, Florida. Jamie was absolutely breathtaking in her gown which was splashed with red!



She later revealed that she tried the gown on as a joke and fell in love with it! Traditional veils don’t fare so well during a beach wedding (same goes for unity candles), so Jamie opted for a tiara instead. I’m always keeping an eye on the parents of the bride and groom, so I snapped this one of the bride's parents as they exchanged vows in front of the waves.





After the ceremony, they headed back up to the resort for cocktails and a dinner reception. They danced their first dance to “Forever” by Ben Harper and left the next day for a Honeymoon in Belize.

If it seems like I’m sharing a bit more about this wedding than I normally would, it’s only because at this particular wedding I was more than the photographer…I was the groom’s sister (and the mother of the ring bearer and flower girl. Talk about wearing many hats)!



Thanks so much Heath and Jamie for being so much fun that amazing day! Here are a couple more details from the big day...


The cake...





The flowers...


And for anyone who may be wondering…yes, I happily travel outside Ohio!



Update: At Heath's request, I've added the photo he mentioned in his comment below. It's one of my faves too...


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I comment, I should disclose my biases. I was the groom, Heath, and brother of the photographer in question. I could be a bit partial. That said, I wanted to share a story of the circumstances Heather was shooting under.

    It was a beautiful day on the beach, albeit slightly windy. 12-15 mph sustained winds and slightly overcast. With ninja-like stealth and quickness, Heather found angle after angle from which to capture photos of my bride and I. She captured the reactions of our families and friends seemingly unnoticed.

    After the ceremony, but before the reception, while taking beach photos she couldn't quite find the angle she wanted from her own two feet. So, while in her formal dress and backup battery belt, she laid face down in the sand to frame the bouquet in the foreground and my bride and I in the background walking into the distance.

    I was impressed by the effort, but skeptic of her tactics. When the proofs came back, all was made clear. Her willingness to get sandy and dirty for a few moments made for one of my favorite shots of the day. Thanks again, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the bride (Jamie) and sister-in-law of the photographer, I too am biased. Still, I want to share something that Heather did during our wedding reception that made the occasion even more memorable and special for us.

    Heather shot several photos during the father-daughter dance. True to her inconspicuous yet effective style, Heather not only managed to capture the moment but also print, frame, and gift-wrap a copy of the very photo she just shot, all by the time the father-daughter dance was over! 2 years later, my father still raves about this gift. Heather did the same thing for the mother-son dance.

    It is personal touches like these that make the occasion even more special and I thank Heather for her thoughtfulness, grace, and incredible talent.

    ReplyDelete