Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Heather's Advent...24 Days 'til Christmas

So I know this is compltely off-topic, but an amusing story nonetheless!

When I lived in the beautiful state of Florida, it was hard for me to take walks outside without the tiniest little fear of encountering an aligator entering my mind. I was constantly on the lookout, pulling Eddie and Emma in the wagon while searching suspiciously for those little gator eyes poking out of the water. When you live in Florida, you just always assume that a gator could be in any body of water.

When we moved back to Ohio in 2006, I was happy for many reasons. Not the least of which was the fact that I would be able to take the kids for a walk without the ever-present danger of an aligator sighting/attack. We found a great little bike path near our house where there was a pond and a playground. Sometimes we would bring bread to feed the ducks or we would see how long we could watch the turtles before one of them would slip back under the water. So peaceful...so serene. Imagine my shock when I read this article in last week's Dispatch.

For the record: yes, that's the pond!

No comments:

Post a Comment