Monday, December 3, 2007

Anatomy of a Shoot...

I recently had the pleasure of accompanying my friend and fellow photographer Chantal Stone on a wedding shoot last month that involved a really fun couple, a beautiful day, and some amazing locations in downtown Columbus! She always amazes me with the lengths to which she will go to capture a great shot! So, as she was directing the bride and bridesmaids for this particular photo I thought I'd take a couple frames to document just how a picture like this is created...



Step 1: Leave to comfort of the nice, warm church (it was downright cold this November afternoon)...





Step 2: Look both ways before crossing East Broad Street...






Step 3: Recruit an able-bodied, willing individual to direct oncoming traffic around the bridal party...





Step 4: Get the group ready for the shot...







Step 5: Get back inside said "nice, warm" church! (Did I mention it was freezing that day?)




To see Chantal's final image (and a few more from the same, amazing wedding), click (and scroll) here!


No comments:

Post a Comment