Wednesday, December 5, 2007

That's the Spirit...

It's not hard to get in the holiday spirit when there's so much of it around! It's been in the stores for quite some time now, it's on the radio, it's on our tree and mantle...It's infectious, and we love it! So yesterday I tried to take advantage of that spirit and snap some pictures of Eddie and Emma for our annual Christmas cards. I was set on having Emma's hair curled for the shoot, and Eddie wasn't into getting his picture taken at all ,so I made this deal with him (yeah, yeah... so bargaining with our children is a bad way to go...I know, but when it comes to the Christmas cards it's got to be done!) I would let him snap a few pictures while I got Emma ready and "I'll post the best ones to my blog", I told him.

He was so excited! So when I saw this one, I told him I would post it. "Who Hoo", he screamed "Mom's puttin' me on her 'glob' (arms pumped in the air for emphasis)"!



There you go, Eddie...You're on Mom's glob... I mean "blog". :)


It's hard to keep their attention for too long but hey, it's another opportunity to click the shutter! Here are a few more from the day!



I found all the red from the tree skirt a little distracting, so I played around with some saturation levels in post-processing...



And then there's Emma...



Here's hoping everyone's getting in to the Christmas Spirit!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Heather! I see Isaac in Eddies eyes clear as day!! : )
    Thanks to Sarah for linking your site....your work is beautiful.

    by the way congrats on the move back "home", we hope to get there again one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything you do ! And I'm not biased !!! This is sooo sweet and amazing Heather ! I read it every chance I get and it just reinforces my great love for my family ! WE ROCK ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete