Thursday, November 29, 2007

Meredith...

A baptism, christening or dedication is an important event in most any religion, so when my friend Sarah asked me to photograph her daughter’s baptism this past weekend (during what she affectionately called the “bling Mass…a reference to the gold vestments worn this time of year) ”, I was quite humbled. I recalled the occasion of my own children’s baptisms and the photos our family members crowded around us to take (full of red-eye and camera shake). I remembered how Eddie slept through the entire event (even while the water was poured over his head) and how Emma was his polar opposite, screaming throughout (she may have emptied out the first couple pews).



I saw a tremendous opportunity in recording Meredith’s special event. “Why not approach it like a wedding”?, I thought to myself. There are plenty of similar details…from the church architechture, to the oils, and the baptismal stole and readings, to the family that has gathered together from points near and far. A baptismal or christening gown has all the elegance of a wedding gown, so why not strive to capture the event in much the same way? Well, that’s what just what I did!

















I realize as I write this post that today is actually Meredith's parent's anniversary! Well, I thought about it the other day and then my memory was jogged again today after reading Sarah's blog entry! So a huge Happy Anniversary to both of you! It's been such a joy to know you and we are honored to have you as our friends! You deserve all the best that life has to offer! May you have many, many more years together...






1 comment:

  1. Awww, thanks, Heather! And you know, that bottom picture looks so much better as black-and-white...now why didn't I think of that back then?

    You did such a great job with the baptism. Thanks again! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete