Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Miscellaneous Randomness

Wow! It's funny, I've had these thoughts floating around in my head for days now about what I'm going to blog about and I must admit...I'm suffering from some serious writers' block! I've become a bit of a blogging addict lately, and gotten some great ideas about what to write about and I've been shooting so much that I've got a ton of photos to post. I've even experienced this phenomenon where the mascara on my "shooting eye" wears off faster than on the other one (maybe I just need a better mascara). Any other photographers have that problem??? For some reason though, I can't seem to get it all "on paper" (or is it "on the LCD or CRT screen" now). Maybe it's the lack of sleep...

In any event, we finally had the pleasure of meeting little Miss Meredith this past weekend! What can I say, she is absolutely beautiful! And she's so mellow too (not to jinx her parents or anything, but...). It's so easy to forget that my own kids were ever that tiny, and not so long ago either. It makes you think sometimes about how fast time flies. Like a wise man once said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it." (More on that later).

Here are a couple of my favorite photos from Meredith's photo shoot...




On Saturday Emma, my mother and myself met friends of ours for "tea" at Miss Mollie's Tea House in downtown Grove City. If you haven't been there, it's definately worth checking out! It's decorated in the Victorian fashion with velvet sofas, toille curtains and lace doilies. They serve great teas, soups, quiches and baked goods. And, it was a great place for a photo of the two little princesses for the day!





Miss Mollie's has a great party room available for private parties, Bridal Showers and Red Hat Parties too! I wish I could post a link, but I haven't been able to find a site for them!

In other news, my new site should be live in just a couple days now! My friend and an amazing photograher Chantal Stone (http://www.chantalstone.com/) took my picture for the "about me" section.




We met at a Starbuck's and I had to chuckle to myself as I sat there thinking about the last time I had a camera lens aimed at me. Chantal asked me why I was laughing during our shoot and I had to tell her...Not counting my wedding photos, the last time was for my senior portraits. It was so comical to me simply because I could remember exactly what I was wearing (suede skirt and jewel-buttoned blouse), where we did the shoot, (Jeffrey Mansion) what the weather was like that day (overcast).

This morning, I got curious and pulled out those pictures. Yes, like I said I remembered the outfit...but I totally forgot about the big hair! Gotta love big hair! Maybe someday it will make a comeback??? I kinda can't believe I'm doing this, but... (this will be the test of whether or not anyone really reads my blog, huh?) :)


All I can say is, "Thank You, Chantal for making this shoot more pleasant than the last!"
Another great place for big hair (and a good laugh), 80's movies! This is a great clip I found while looking for something else on YouTube the other night. Maybe it's because of the british accent, but I love this stuff! I'll leave you all with his final words 'till next time.




PS...if anyone out there knows how to get these videos to appear on your blog...are you willing to share?


























2 comments:

  1. LOL Heather...I LOVE your 80s hair! omg, it's amazing....totally bitchin'!

    And to insert a video into your blog--- on the youtube site, right under the video there's a button you can click to 'add to blog' or something like that....just follow the instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chantal you have captured the loving, funny Heather that her family loves! What a wonderful picture! I hope that we all can have a copy.

    ReplyDelete