Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Look at the Night Sky


In case anyone missed it, we had a total lunar eclipse last night. If you've never seen one before, you should really make a point to put December 20, 2010 on your calendar.

Three and Six year olds are usually in bed by the time an eclipse like this really gets underway, so I braved the cold and took my [new] camera out to shoot the night sky as a way to let the kids see what they missed. The above picture was taken at about 10:00 pm and I beleive the two brightest stars there are Saturn (okay, not a star) and Regulus.

This was just for fun...Slow Shutter Speed+Time to kill (while waiting for an eclipse to become complete) = Painting with the sky as your canvas and the moon as your brush.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, that's cool! And, sad to say, I was snoozin before the thing got rolling (I know, I know, but I just HAD TO SLEEP, ya know?). Sometime you'll have to explain that second picture to me. It makes me feel kinda funny... :)

    ReplyDelete