Monday, May 5, 2008

New Music Monday


When I first heard Deity Freak by this week's artist, Stuart Davis, I could have sworn he was a Brit. Not that there is anything wrong with that...at all. On the contrary, I've been a huge fan of music from across the pond for many years. It's just that the refrain in the song, "Party Like a Pop Star", sounded rather British. They say "pop". we say "rock". They say "boot", we say "trunk" (they say pot-ay-toe, we say pot-ah-to).. you get the idea.


Imagine my surprise when upon researching the musician, I found he's actually from...Colorado (by way of Minnesota). He's got my brother's sense of humor and I had to chuckle when I read this entry on his bio page:


'76: Stuart finally summons the courage to confront his parents about their strange guests. When will they leave? He is stunned when his mother and father tell him, "Those are your brothers."


The name of the album is Something Simple, and while I can't say that the entire album is a necessarily a worthwhile listen, I do recommend downloading Deity Freak and dancing... a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment