Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Remember When???

So I was clearing out a few things and setting up shop in my new little office when I came across a small basket of old negatives and it really made me think. See, I made the switch to digital from medium format in late 2003. I liked film (and some day, I'm going to dabble in it again...really), but it did create a bit of a storage issue. I developed a system where I filed the large envelopes of 4x5 negatives (and the occasional 35mm ones) in a small container and planned to periodically clear them out every few years so so. I realize now, that although I'm completely digital storage is still an issue. Only now instead of taking up space in a box, my files take up space on hard drives and disks. I get new cameras that have better resolution and therefore larger files and guess what...I need a new computer! Then I need to switch from CD's to DVD's!

Still, it is quite remarkable to think that this...


Has given way to this..

No comments:

Post a Comment