Thursday, September 11, 2008

Vacation!

It's hard to believe it's been nearly a week since we returned from vacation. We had a great time in Florida and as it turned out, we didn't need to worry about any hurricanes. We got rained out the day that we had intended to go to Disney World, but we had a few more days to choose from so it was no big deal.

I'm not one to over-plan a vacation so we went into this trip with only two things we wanted to do...go to the beach and go to Disney. Other than that, we were content to hang out at the house.

Here are a few photos from our little trip...

In this collage: We opted for a day at Bass Pro Shops when the rain killed our Disney dreams. Who knew you could spend a whole day there?? The same mall also had a really cool indoor skate park in a Vans store. Isaac and I spent the next morning kayaking on Lake Gibson...

In this one: The gator was posing for pictures at Bass Pro Shops (part of a fund raiser for a wildlife organization). Heath and Jamie swing Emma at the mall (I loved the looks on the onlookers faces). We had dinner in St. Pete after doing some family photos on the beach, and later on Isaac surprised me with a cup of Cuban coffee! Seriously, one of the things I miss the most about living in Florida is the Cuban culture...especially the food! Someone around here could make a killing if they started selling a good Cuban sandwich!

Eddie and Emma on the beach in St. Petersburg...
I love this shot of Emma on the steps outside this little tourist trap...






The first person to tell me what's wrong with this sign totally gets a prize...




On the drive back home, we stopped off in Barbourville, Kentucky. Barbourville is the home of Union College, the first college I attended (yes, there were several before I finally graduated). I was only there for a semester, but it was neat to see my children running around the grounds in front of my old dorm.

Sidenote: That part of Kentucky was where, in the winter of 1994 Isaac and were both snowed in. Trapped in the same hotel in the same small town, we could have crossed paths, but we didn't...or at least we weren't aware of it. One of the great "what if's" in my life has been "what if we met back then instead of three years later?"

Shortly after we got back on the road from the little diversion, the LFW (that's Luxury Family Wagon, as our van has come to be known) hit the 100,000 mile mark!



It was a wonderful trip, and one of the highlights was seeing the fantastic David Jay in Orlando! Vacation is great, but we're all happy to be home (and start planning for the next trip)!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the photos! :)

    And that apostrophe made me scream, I admit it. But there you have it...I see extra apostrophes in menus, on permanent (and very expensive) signs, everywhere!

    (pause for screaming)

    But hilarious too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. doh.. I missed the prize!

    but most definitely the drink belongs to miss margarita, doesn't it!? ;)

    ReplyDelete