Saturday, August 2, 2008

Reunion!

When I was youger, I used to dream of being part of a big family. I blame the Waltons. Much to my dismay though, my parents decided that my brother and I were more than enough. Things were a little different in my husband's family though. While he had just two sisters, he also grew up with 20+ cousins! All those cousins, uncles and aunts converged on Maysville, Kentucky a couple weeks ago and I finally got to feel like I was a part of that big family I had dreamed of!

Over 200 family members spanning no fewer than 4 generations showed up. People came from all over too! West Virginia, Michigan, Ohio... The coolest part was hearing some of the conversatons that took place. For instance, my sister-in-law and another atendee were trying to figure out how they were related. He told her, "Your grandmother and my grandmother were sisters". I can't quite explain why that struck me, but there was something profound about the fact that so many years ago those two sisters could never have imagined having 200 decendants, let alone imagine them all in the same room someday.

The morning before the reunion, Isaac and I had a chance to run around Maysville and shoot a little bit before the sun came up. Okay, enough of the rambling...on to the photos!

Eddie and Daddy running to catch the train (no, really just running).


The Maysville Bridge just before sunrise...


The Opera.


I've often seen the First National Bank. I've heard of Third Federal Bank, and even Fifth Third Bank...but this???


The reason for the party...


Check out Isaac's blog for another really cool picture that shows the beginning of another branch of the family tree.

Next up, a post from a really fun maternity shoot! Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment