Monday, April 21, 2008

New Music Monday


Photography is my passion. To be honest, I'm a huge fan of all the arts...theater, film, music, you name it! But as far as passion goes, music is second only to the camera. So with that in mind, I'm starting a new weekly feature on this blog to introduce some great new music!

This week, I want to introduce people to the music of Zooey Deschanel. Like most, I cringed when I heard yet another Hollywood Actress was coming out with a CD. I mean really, we've all heard Lindsay Lohan, Heidi Montag (if you can even call her an actress) and Jennifer Lopez. So if I hadn't accidentally stumbled upon her song, "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here", I never would have thought her music was worth a listen. But it's good! In a world of over-edited, post-processed singers, her voice is refreshingly real...and some of the songs have an early Beatles sound while others sound a little like the Shangri-La's, so I'm automatically hooked! There are a couple of covers there too, but we can overlook those.


If you're interested, the album is called "She & Him, Volume One" (though I'm not sure who the "Him" is). For anyone who might want to hear more than what she sang in the Christmas classic "Elf", it's one worth checking out!



No comments:

Post a Comment