Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Facsination!

It's absolutely true! Everything I've heard about front load washers is completely true! After our old dryer decided it only wanted to dry on high heat and bake all of our clothes, we decided we needed a new dryer. If you're getting the dryer, you might as well get the washer (or so my dear husband said) too. After all, it uses less water, less detergent and doesn't damage your clothes like an agitator will. Given our water bills the past few months, I was game. But still not convinced. That all changed this morning!


I like feeling like I'm doing my part. We recycle, tried composting, switched to compact fluorescent bulbs and when the weather is nice, I either walk or bike somewhere close. So it's nice to know that we will be using less water (about a third of what we were using before) and less energy (130kWh as opposed to over 400) to wash our clothes. But the best part is...watching it work!


Remember the scene in Rainman where Dustin Hoffman is counting the number of times the red sock goes around at the laundromat? That's how I felt this morning as I pulled up a chair and a cup of coffee to watch the maiden load go through. The kids and Isaac want in on the action too! Isaac's only request before he left this morning was, "Don't finish all the laundry before I get home". Uh...No problem there! I think I can save a couple loads for him!


In other news...I've just finished my ZookBook layout for Kathy and Tom (July, 2007)! Check out the images below!










These are the most amazing albums, and the potential for layouts is just endless! Due to sizing constraints with this blogging site, I'm not able to post the panoramas, but trust me...they're awesome!

Check back for images from my first ever Operation Smile Phamily Photo Shoot!

1 comment:

  1. Feeling some laundry envy...

    I've been saving my pennies so that in a few decades when it's time for me to get a new washer/dryer, I can join the ranks of laundromat-watchers everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete