Friday, March 5, 2010

Jamie and Heath, Coral Cove Maternity Session!

A maternity session is always special, but last weekend's maternity was extra special for me. It was a session for my brother and his wife as they await the arrival of their first baby (and my nephew) in beautiful South Florida.

It was a whirlwind trip, but we had time to squeeze in dinner at the always amazing Guanabanas, a trip to the Atlantic Theater to see the improv comedy troupe, The Jove, a baby shower, Heath's homemade Pad Thai, his excerpts from What to Expect When You're Expected (hilarious) and finally a trip to the Jupiter Lighthouse and Coral Cove beach for some belly shots.


Here they are against the backdrop of the Jupiter Lighthouse...

You can just make out the lighthouse in this next one, but what I loved about it was the little heart carved into the tree just beside Jamie's shoulder...


And speaking of hearts...




A quick clothing change and we were off to the beach!




This one needs a little explanation. The story goes something like this... Upon seeing the ultrasound picture, a friend declared that the baby looked like a chicken nugget. The name well...it kind of stuck. And now, Heath and Jamie affectionately call the baby just that... "Nugget". While I was searching for the perfect shower gift, I found this onesie online and couldn't pass it up!

One of my favorites...











And another fave...



Heath and Jamie, it was an honor to photograph your wedding nearly four years ago and it's an honor to shoot your growing family. You are both going to be awesome parents. With you by his side, little Nugget will grow to be strong, smart, healthy and with one wicked sense of humor!

Congratulations, and you better call the moment he makes his presence known!

7 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Heather your work is wonderful!!!! Luv it!!!! :) Leaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Just, WOW. Heather, you had a beautiful, photogenic couple and scene to work with (of course), but you are an amazing photographer. So glad I got to meet you.
    Laura Schmid (sat next to you at the baby shower)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mother of my beloved grandchildren capturing moments of my Son and his bride, the Mother of the new & "improved"?? grandchild all with the background of "Mother, Mother Ocean". Just like those waves in the background, life is mesmerizing to watch. Impeccably photographed by my favorite Daughter..Prejudiced,me..... NO WAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Mother, Mother Ocean is the perfect backdrop to capture such beautiful moments. After all it's with this backdrop that Heath & Jamie said their vows. What wonderful parents they'll make--"Nugget" is a lucky little boy! (by proud Oma)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you, Heather. Thank you for photographing the most amazing moments of our lives. I'm so lucky to have you as my sister-in-law. Ok, ok, I'll stop the mushy stuff now. But seriously...you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift and lasting memory for Jamie and Heath...the photo's are beautiful. JT

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Nugget" is one lucky baby to have 2 such wonderful parents - and so good looking!!!

    ReplyDelete