Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just Jack!


February in Ohio means some degree of uncertainty when it comes to planning a portrait session. Sure, you can always go into the studio. Sure you can place a few props in front of a child and see what they do with them but when you know me and you know the way I shoot you know that I have other things in mind. Last week for Jack's shoot, I suggested we go over to Franklin Park Conservatory. It's truly one of my favorite spots to shoot...especially in the winter! Where else can you go when it's 25 degrees outside and see palm trees?

Jack was a natural in front of the camera, check him out...






What I remembered just before the shoot, but after we had decided on the location was that Jack's mom (and my friend, Melissa) and Dad were married at the conservatory... I grabbed this shot right next to where Melissa said their cake had been...


I have always loved this Chihuly piece...and I love Jack's expression in front of it! Kids are so much fun to shoot simply because you just never know what they're going to do next!






Jack, thanks so much for being such an awesome picture taker! And Melissa, thanks so much for letting him do it! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment