Monday, February 1, 2010

Workshop!!!

When I first got started in photography and knew I wanted to get serious about pursuing it as more than just a hobby, I knew I needed guidance. I had books, I had some experience and had taken a few classes offered here and there. The problem with the classes was that they were either too basic (“how to properly hold a camera”) or they were too broad in their content. I wanted to shoot weddings, but the course material always seemed to be geared toward product photography or inanimate objects (i.e. spatulas…really.)

Thank goodness for the workshop. I went to my first seminars and workshops a few years back and felt like I walked away with a wealth of information…stuff I could really put into practice and use right away! Not only were the workshops great in terms of content, but I got to see new products and technologies and get to know other photographers…other people who had been where I was. I’ll admit to being star struck by a few of them...they're like celebrities in photography world...rock stars! I soon found though, that these were real people who had experiences and resources to share and that, I found remarkable despite the fact that I often had to drive great distances to get to them (Hellooooo, Orlando). Sure these workshops cost a little money, but I came to realize that I wasn't just paying for a workshop, but rather investing in myself for a long-term return.


So it’s particularly exciting to think that Kevin Keefer is going to be putting on what is sure to be a phenomenal workshop this spring, right here in Columbus! Space is limited to just 20 participants, but it’s going to be a day full of great information, a model shoot at a beautiful location and a chance to meet other local photographers! I, for one...can't wait!

Check it out, and reserve your seat! See you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment