Thursday, January 1, 2009

Katie and Chris..A New Year's Wedding!

Happy New Year!

They say that whoever you're with at Midnight on New Year's Eve is who you'll spend the rest of the year with. If that's true, I'll be looking forward to a beautiful year spent with...my camera! :)

Actually, my friend Chantal Stone asked me to come along with her as she photographed Chris and Katie as they began their life together. It was a beautiful ceremony at Powell's historic Liberty Presbyterian Church and the reception was at The Vault in downtown Columbus. Here are a few of my faves...








Katie had the greatest expressions!





Looks cold, doesn't it?
















A silhouette of the groom overlooking the church from the balcony...



A different ring shot...












We stopped at High Street for some fun pics... I loved the twinkling lights behind them here...






The toast...


I grabbed a couple exterior shots...






If you've never been to the Vault, it's a pretty historic location worth checking out. There is an actual vault inside that used to be part of a bank. Now it's where the bar is located! I couldn't resist getting a shot of the inner workings of the vault door...





They had some fun with the cake!

30 seconds till midnight!



Can't you just hear Auld Lang Syne?


I think this one pretty much sums it up!

Chantal, thank you again for bringing me along! Katie and Chris, thanks so much and congratulations!
Best wishes to all for an amazing 2009!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed them all. The shot from the loft was so all encompassing that I felt it could have told the simple story all by itself. Textures and mechanisms are my weakness so the inner workings of the safe seemed a metaphor for love & life. It is complex. It does not open easily. However when you work at it with the correct combination it brings forth untold riches and blessings.

    ReplyDelete