Thursday, July 10, 2008

DJ and Julie...the Wedding!

One of my favorite photographers recently blogged about the "trepidation" she sometimes feels when meeting a couple for the first time on their wedding day. I got a little taste of that this past weekend when I finally met a couple I've been talking to over the phone and e-mailing for nearly the past year! Like this other photographer, I was immediately put at ease (and hopefully they were too) when we met the day of their rehearsal. There was so much love and such a great sense of what family was all about, I just don't know if my blogging can do it justice. Imagine, a family so close that the groom's father was also his best man, the bride's twin sister the maid of honor, and the priest that performed the grooms first communion making the trip from Columbus to Indianapolis to perform the ceremony. It was a beautiful day in so many ways! Here are just a few of my favorites from this weekend. I played around with some different tones and effects...more so than I usually do. I just couldn't help myself!

Julie's perfectly simple ballet flats fit right into this little window pane in the church office where she was dressing...



The ladies attaching the train...

Blogger has size limitations, but in the full-size version of this image you can see DJ's face as Julie and her father walk down the aisle..


I don't know what I like more about this picture...the look on Julie's face, or the fact that she and her sister appear to have halos!


Doing a little happy dance out of the church!


I've never posed a car before, so it was fun to have the driver maneuver this classic car around...

I think this one is my favorite...A little on the dramatic side, but you see how truly happy they are!

Thanks so much to Julie and DJ for letting me have the honor of photographing your beautiful wedding! Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment