Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Addition to Our Family...

No...not THAT kind of addition!

This kind is the four-legged variety! It's been about five years since we had a pet in the house and while I must admit it was nice to not have to worry about cat hair on my wool coat or letting the dog out on an absolutely frigid morning, I also missed things like the purr of a happy cat (my grandfather used to tell me was the cat's motor), and the warmth that an animal can bring to cold feet in the wintertime! The kids were wanting a pet to play with and take care of (it's never too early to start teaching about responsibility), so when I heard about this kitten needing a home (and the fact that it was going to go to the shelter...aka kitty prison) my heart melted a little. Isaac wasn't completely sold on the idea. "You'll never see me overjoyed to have a cat", he said. But guess who was playing with that kitten the first night we brought him home? :)

So I'm pleased to introduce Leonardo Pepperjack Claypool, Leo for short. Yes...the kids named him.


No comments:

Post a Comment