Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Thought for the day...

Thinking back today, and missing my Florida family. It wasn't too long ago that Dad and Lyssa were here visiting and reliving their Ohio days! So I thought for today's photo, I'd post one of Dad walking Eddie through the hallowed halls of JC Sommer Elementary (where Dad was an alum). Really, how many grandparents can say their grandchildren go to school where they went? Just another of the many, many things I adore about Columbus... and Grove City. Someday the kids will grow up and won't be able to leave their hometown soon enough, but isn't that a parent's job...to give their children both roots and wings?



It was so neat to hear Dad telling Eddie, "I was sitting in this very classroom when..."


2 comments:

  1. I love that photo. I catch myself taking photos of Babs and Daddy walking away from me. There's something about a walking away shot that gets me right in the soft spot... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From My persective, we were not walking away from you, we were walking into another adventure. What a gift?

    ReplyDelete