Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Workshop!

This weekend was the weekend Kevin Keefer had been planning since about right after Christmas. Months of planning, phone calls to vendors, decisions on content, location, models...it all came together in one amazing workshop!

The event was held at the beautiful Pinnacle Golf Club right here in Grove City. The day started out with a presentation by Kevin and concluded with a model shoot. The whole day was a lot of work, but it was so much fun! Here are few photos to highlight the event!

Just as a side note... I don't think I've ever had a more difficult time deciding which images to post on my blog from a given event. Our models, Kira and Jason were phenomenal. I knew they would be great, after all Kira's a friend of mine and I knew her personality would shine through. But what I didn't know (and even they didn't know when they agreed to model for us months ago) was that they would get engaged just one week before the workshop! That made the photos even more amazing, as we were able to capture real emotions and real expressions from them!


Here's Kevin getting the day started talking about how each photographer needs to discover who they are and why they shoot...





The gowns for the shoot were graciously donated by Bella Laccio bridal in uptown Westerville...This shop has it all! Private fitting parties, champagne...everything that makes a once-in-a-lifetime experience even more unforgettable!






Kira's hair was done by the amazing Jackie Foltz, owner of Studio 31 in Marysville...


I took a bit of a risk during the model shoot and shot in some ways that I typically haven't in the past... Like with reflections...



Through participants arms...



And because the gowns were sample gowns (and not altered specifically for Kira), we had to use clips. Most of the time I cropped them out in-camera, but for this one...I wanted to show a little behind-the-scenes and that meant showing the clips and all!!






Yeah, there's not a darn thing in focus with this one (except for maybe the lens itself). I had changed a setting on my camera, aimed and fired without even looking in the viewfinder... I thought it was funny...though Courtney may hate me for it!


Again...a bit more of a risk for me. A not-so-typical groom's portrait...


You've got to love a man who can hold his lady's flowers. The bouquet and boutonniere were provided by Petals and Leaves in Powell...exquisite!!!


This was a favorite!





I loved the shadows and the expression in Kira's eyes here...


Another behind-the-scenes shot...This is what a workshop is all about! Each participant got their turn at posing our couple...


And I saved my personal favorite for last! Something about the reflective glass, the tree all in bloom and Kira's natural smile...It just says it all!



A big thank you goes out to all the vendors who helped with the day, to our gorgeous model couple, to Kevin for putting this workshop on, and to all the participants who came! Thanks for making this a fantastic day!

5 comments:

  1. Great set Heather!!! I'm still sifting through mine and having the hardest time selecting my photos as well. Great day! Thanks for all your hard work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Heather, like always!!! Thanks again for putting this workshop on with Kevin and for inviting me to join. I had a blast! It was a great learning experience for me. Oh, and I love that photo of me holding my camera and the flowers lol! We couldn't have planned that one if we wanted to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos! Thanks for all of your hard work to put this together. I learned SO much! I am pulling together all of my photos now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Heather, I am lucky to have such a great friend in you. My post should be coming today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photots. Thanks for inviting me to the workshop! My images are on my facebook page.

    ReplyDelete